Thursday, April 1, 2010

Critical Analysis : Justin Bieber - "Baby ft. Ludacris"

Ok. This song honestly wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that special either. The kid has a great singing ability (although they probably touch it up in the studio), but it seems he doesn't really use it all. It was a pretty generic r&b-teen pop song that lacked any real appeal in my opinion. Then again, most teen oriented songs don't. I also find it a little strange that a 16(13?)-year-old kid is making music of this type. I just don't get it. There's nothing wrong with him making this kind of music, nothing at all, but I would at least expect him to be some-what older before writing songs about how he wants some girl to be his "baby." I guess it has to appeal to an audience, and if cheesy love lyrics coupled with generic pop beats sells records, then so be it.

So quick summary:
Not bad, but not special
He has talent, but doesn't seem to use it all
Generic sound

    I'll give the song a B- in actual terms of how good it is.

    Video:

    0 comments: